If you've ever had an encounter with chiggers, you know they leave quite an impression. It takes days of miserable itching to get over their bites! Everyone in our family is working on building up an immunity to them. If you saw our kids, you'd think they had measles or mumps. Or at least chicken pox! Usually chiggers are found out in pastures or forests. But we have a special supply of them right here in our own back yard, in the middle of town.
Besides the chiggers, summertime is great. I love our wading pool in the backyard that Evelyn and John play in for hours at a time. I can nurse Truman, prepare dinner, and load or unload the dishwasher... thanks to the pool! The best $2 I've ever spent at a garage sale! I love all the free activities sponsored by our city. I love ice cream and popsicles and the smell of sunscreen and freshly mowed grass. Yes, summertime is wonderful!
This picture was taken a few days ago when my sister, Faith, was here visiting
. We went to a water park, and she splashed around with Evelyn and John. Another one of those wonderful summertime events!
Now, a note about Brad's post... the first post of our new blog! He did not misspell "gold" when he wrote "Fool's Golb". (Because I'm rather particular about words being spelled correctly.) He actually came up with the idea of that story by playing around with the thought that "blog" spelled backwards is "golb". If only I could think such deep thoughts, spurred on by a nonsense word like golb!
No comments:
Post a Comment