And wonder of all wonders, we actually got a family picture on that day! Thanks, GW, for being our photographer!
Here is just a cute picture of John from Thanksgiving Day. After he ate cranberry relish, his shirt was covered in red underneath that buffalo. Brad commented that it looked like someone had slaughtered a buffalo. It really did! Too bad there's no picture of that.
We had a "friends" birthday party (costume party!) this past Saturday, and Evelyn was quite excited, as usual, to have friends around. Even though I don't have pictures of her friends right now, they all had fun playing games and dancing and eating cupcakes and making "footprint" butterflies!
Evelyn has had her sights set on these "crown" cupcakes for months. The night before, while I was working on making them, the fondant I was using went all wrong. So at 10pm, I trashed it all and started over. I finally crawled into bed at 2am. If it wasn't for my sweet little Evie and her great desire for crown cupcakes, I wouldn't have persevered. And they didn't quite turn out as well as I had hoped. But thankfully, kids are easily pleased!
My Mom and Dad made the drive to attend her party here in Sherman, and Mom even dressed in costume: she was an indian! Too bad you can't see her entire outfit in this picture. But you can see her short little braids, and indian-painted designs on her shirt and vest. She's so cute!
So, to sum up, we had two wonderful birthday celebrations for Evie. It's such a joy to celebrate her life! We have been so blessed because of her!
2 comments:
Your cupcake decorating skills are astonishing. Fondant icing is the yummiest, but I've never attempted making it. I'm glad you took a picture of your hard work. Happy birthday to both your kids! I had forgotten John is five months yonger than Jane...from your photos he looks older and significantly taller than her.
I love seeing your family grow up. Evelyn is adorable. Four yrs is such a fun age! very impressed with the cupcakes! Way to go!
Post a Comment