Thursday, May 21, 2009

Birthday Boy!

Truman turned ONE on Sunday! Happy Birthday, Truman! Evelyn chose the theme for his cake, because a couple weeks earlier, she heard him say the bee-buzzing sound. I thought that was a good idea! So it was quite fun to think of how to put a big bee on his cake.




I expected him to dive right into his cake, once he figured out what it was. But he wanted nothing to do with it! Even after I forced his hand into the icing, then forced it into his mouth to give him a taste of the sweet stuff, he still wouldn't voluntarily touch the icing. Maybe he's remembering that I've told Evelyn and John to never-ever-ever touch a cake, and he wanted to stay out of trouble.

So here he is, trying to wipe the forced icing off his hand and onto the table:



However, after I had cut up a piece on his tray, he had noooo problemo shoveling it into his mouth.
Time for a few presents (after Tru-boy got a good bath). In these next 2 pictures, you can tell by his mouth that he's making the little-boy car sounds as he pushes his new cars around. He's had some good instruction from big-brother John!



The day after Truman's birthday, he had to go to the doctor for 3 immunizations. I think one of those shots had a dose of 'up-n-go', because that afternoon he took his first steps by himself. He's been practicing alot these last couple days. Of course I haven't grabbed the camera fast enough to catch it yet, but here are just a few fun pictures of the kids playing in the back yard:


4 comments:

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

Happy Birthday Truman! Jenny, I LOVE the cake. You are so talented!!!

anna said...

The cake is adorable! I'm so glad John has a Smucker's shirt. Ben always thinks of you guys as the jams and jellys.

faith said...

oh wow!!!! he walked by himself!!!?? that's awesome, can't wait to see it this weekend!

those pics are great, jen.

M & M said...

Wow! Has it already been a year?
As usual, the cake, Jenny, is beautiful!