Friday, August 28, 2009

First Week of Pre-School

We have successfully completed Evelyn's first week of Pre-School, and she has absolutely loved it! The night before her first big day, she asked me to put foam rollers in her hair. Poor girl, her hair is as stick-straight as mine and Brad's! No hope for curls. Ever. But here's our little cutie, getting ready for bed. She was so excited!!!



So the rollers worked for a little while. Here's the special "first-day" hairstyle:




She was so excited, she could hardly stay still long enough for me to take the pictures I wanted!


Look at that sweet face, all ready to go to school. I can't believe she was just born.


And those sweet dimples remind me of the first time I saw her. In the hospital, in our arms, she was just hours old when I first realized that she had dimples. Two of them! How sweet is that?? A newborn with dimples! And I'm so glad that her pretty, dimpled face is still just as sweet and kissable now as it was then!



This week has been such an exciting week for her. She is so social, that I'm glad she has this opportunity to be around other kids. She's only going three half-days a week, but it's a great start!
Speaking of great starts, on Tuesday she started reading! She read through 3 books all within a few minutes of each other. The simple kind, of course. "Pam has a hat. The hat is red." That sort of thing. I'm so proud of her! She's been working on sounding out words for a while. She even likes to guess how words are spelled. One of my favorites was "I know how to spell 'mall'. It's m-o-l." Good guess, chica!
Congratulations, Evelyn, on a wonderful week. I'm so proud of you!

1 comment:

melanie said...

what a sweetheart! she is a brunette version of you... so beautiful!!! i love her pretty skirt too!