Today is the last day that our John will be two. Tomorrow he wakes up a 3-year-old! So tonight when I was tucking the kids in bed (Brad is gone teaching the youth group at church), Evelyn and I each prayed a special prayer for John. Here is her prayer:
"Dear Lord, thank you for John that he is going to be three tomorrow. It is a special day and thank you for John. And please help John to grow up to be a good man and love you and find a beautiful lady and marry her. And her and John will both have hearts that love you. Amen."
I think that is just precious! Brad and I don't pray for their future spouses in front of them, so she wasn't praying any kind of prayer she's ever heard from us before. It's so beautiful to hear and see the things that come from the hearts and mouths of our kids.
"Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." --Matthew 12:34
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! That is one incredible prayer!
I love listening to my children pray. They pray with such faith. It is beautiful to see how God prompts your daughter's heart.
I love this! What a sweetheart.
Post a Comment