Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Snug as a Bug in a Rug

Little Cuatro obviously has no plans of coming anytime soon! Sure the due date is still 6 days away. But I've felt like it should be any minute for the past month! Today at my 39-week appointment, I found out that I'm still only dilated to 1cm. Might as well be nothing!

But I guess it's good that by all appearances, he/she won't be born for a week or more. Brad injured his back last weekend while playing with the kids, and he's been slow-moving (like an old man!) since then. He needs some time to recover before labor strikes, since he has an active role to play as my coach!!

And speaking of labor striking, I've been having lots of fears about that. Brad tells me that it's nothing new, and I get like this each time. And then everything goes fine. Do any of you other natural childbirth, drug-free mommies get like this?

I have such mixed emotions! Because I know and remember what the whole process feels like, from beginning to end. So on this side of delivery, when I'm anticipating the labor, I get filled with dread. But then as soon as the baby is born, I'm so delighted with the whole experience, and so glad I didn't have an epidural or any other intervention. And at that point I even find the whole process to be beautiful!

Alas. There's no way to the other side but through it!

We're all looking forward to meeting Baby Cuatro soon... and introducing him/her to all of you in pictures!

4 comments:

Tyne said...

Hey Jenny, I am so excited for you and your fourth and know that you will conquer in that L&D room! I wish that I was able to do the natural thing and regret that I was never tough enough... but like you said, when it is all done (however it is done), it is pure delight.

The Walmer Family said...

We are excited about baby cuatro! Can't wait to meet HER (we're pulling for a girl down here in Houston...) :)

THE WALMER'S

anna said...

i remember the pre-delivery anxiety all too well. my legs would tremble even as i walked into the hospital. in med school, ben told me that he saw a huge difference in the women who had them naturally versus epidural. he saw epi as preferrably because the women were more comfortable. i don't know from experience since i never had one, but if i had to do it again it would be nice to ease the process. whatever you decide...i will try to specificly pray John 14:27 for you these next days.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

AbbyM said...

I never worry about anything, especially things like natural childbirth or what life would be like if we weren't cousins! ;-)

You're going to do great Jenny Brooke! I'm praying for all of you. I can't wait to meet baby quatro...I'm thinking you're going to have HER on Monday! :)