Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A New Baby

Last year about this time, I took a 2-month hiatus from blogging. It wasn’t intentional… I was just busy with summer stuff. And exhausted from the new baby growing inside me.

So here we are, a year later. I’ve been away from blogging for almost 2 months. We’ve been busy with summer stuff (lots of traveling). And, as you may have guessed, there’s another new baby.

This time, however, it’s not mine! GW and Amy (my brother and his wife) just had their first child… a precious little girl! Elena Clare Fuqua. She’s a doll, and I love her so much already! It’s exciting to have her in our family!

Want to see some pictures of my new niece? Check out this little beauty:

IMG_6958

IMG_6954

Speaking of babies, Samuel has just turned 6 months old, and he’s still growing at a good rate. He's somewhere in the neighborhood of 18.5 pounds now! Here’s a picture of our big boy Samuel:

_MG_6994_edited-1

_MG_7001_edited-1

Here’s my second attempt at feeding him avocados (I tried to sneak it in after carrots). I’m pretty sure it’s going to be his favorite food…

IMG_6974

IMG_6976

When it comes to updates for the time I’ve been away, I just don’t even know how to sum it up adequately! We went to Michigan and vacationed with Brad’s family. Lake Michigan was beautiful, and it was wonderful to be there with family! Then we went to stay with my parents for a while, since Brad had to do some research at the University of Houston.

And, well, that’s about all I have time for now! Hopefully I’ll be back soon with other news!

3 comments:

M & M said...

beautiful niece. And Samuel has the most beautiful blue eyes and smile! What a lady-killer already!

Tyne said...

Elena is a doll! Tell GW I said congrats! And Samuel is precious. I almost choked on my coffee when you said there was another baby- I was thinking it was yours!

melanie said...

Hey Jenny,
Samuel is getting so big and I love the look on his face with the avocado on his tongue! I've been thinking about how i'm going to update my blog b/c i've skipped the past month, and i like the way you summed up your summer in a short paragraph. i think i'll just do that too!
i wanted to tell you I go to church with the Bailiff family. Stephen is actually our pastor. Tiffani and I made the Navasota connection at bible study last week and when I mentioned my favorite navasota girl (YOU), tiffani told me how much they loved you and your family, etc. Anyway, just thought you might find that funny and interesting. Congrats on your new neice, she is beautiful! love mel