Saturday, January 17, 2009

8 months old, Truman!

Today Truman is 8 months old! How are we celebrating?

-Enjoying the beautiful weather today, playing in the backyard
-Postponing washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen
-Rearranging the living room furniture
-Eating cobbler that Brad made in our little bitty toaster oven (more on that below)
-Rejoicing in 8 consecutive days of our entire household sleeping through the night!!! (Evelyn slept through the night at 6 weeks. John did at 9 weeks. So naturally, I thought I had the system down. But Truman proved me wrong! I hope he continues on his current trend of sleeping!)

Now you're wondering: why did Brad make cobbler in the toaster oven? Simply because we have no oven in our kitchen! There is a big hole in the wall, where an oven once was. We bought a new one, and it was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. Tuesday night, Brad took the old oven out, in anticipation that 12 hours later we would have a sparkling new oven in its' place. Not so.

After the delivery time frame came and went, I called Sears. Just to find out where the deliverymen were. And instead, I found out that they didn't have our oven, and we would have to wait for another whole week! Needless to say, I was quite upset. But the kids are having a blast playing in their "kitchen", and using it as a hiding place. So that makes it better!

Yesterday John was playing with his dinosaurs. He found two that looked alike, one big and one small. Then he set them up, facing each other, and in his sweet but limited vocabulary, he said: "Hi Daddy! Hi Daddy! Up? Up?" And he picked the smaller one up, and put it in the "arms" of the bigger one. That was so cute and sweet, all I could do was just watch this tender dinosaur moment. And I was reminded again of how wonderful John's Daddy is. Every day when Brad comes home from work, that scenario takes place between John and Brad, instead of the two dino's. The kids are so blessed to have a daddy like Brad. And I am the luckiest gal in the planet to be married to that awesome, strong, velociraptor!

And in parting, I will leave you with this. Funny conjugations recently heard from Evelyn:

"Ouch! John bumped into me and I bote my lip!"

"My new watch glew in the dark."

6 comments:

Tyne said...

Sweet kids! happy Birthday, Truman and happy sleeping through the night. Miss you, Jenny.

Abby said...

Happy 8th month birthday a day late Truman!! Brad A+ for your improv skills with the toaster oven!! John, you have quite the imaginatin and I can't wait to play dinosaurs with you sometime! Evie, I wish I had a glow in the dark watch and Jenny, I'm SOOOOOOO sorry you don't have an oven, hopefully this means you get a little break in cooking!! Miss you all!!

Abby said...

oops, didn't proof read...I meant imagination

M & M said...

Love the new verb forms!!!
And I am sorry about the oven...I would be furious! Are they going to give you a bit of a discount at least?

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness, cobbler tastes amazing wherever it is cooked. Doing without somehow fosters creativity. I'm glad Brad didn't have to pull out the hairdryer. The true question is who got the biggest bote?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny! It was great fun reading your update letter! Sounds like you are all doing really well! Love the blog-- your kids are SO CUTE! Happy birthday to Truman!