My dad is the funniest person I know. Hands-down! I've never met anyone whose mind thinks like his. He is so creative, and so witty, and has perfect timing in the things he says and does. Often things that no one else would ever think to do.
For example, let me tell you about one of my college roommates.
Jessica loved to play intramural soccer. She was quite competitive! During one rough game, she hurt her big toe. A week or two later, the toenail fell off. Many of us know what that's like: a bit painful, a bit awkward, and quite a bit ugly.
Well, I was home visiting my parents, and I told them about Jessica's misfortune. My dad proceeded to get the milk jug we had just emptied, and cut out two pieces of plastic that were just the right size and shape for a big toenail. He painted one of them red. For both of them, he doubled up some Scotch tape on the back side. Then he placed them inside a small cardboard jewelry box, tied a bow around it, and sent them back with me for Jessica.
"Prosthetic toenails". One painted, one plain. Both conveniently ready to use (since they had tape on the back).
Seriously, who would ever think to do something like that? And for their daughter's roommate, no less!
So last week when I lost my pinky toenail (thanks to a bad run-in with our kitchen counter), I called the prosthetician. Maybe he'll have time to make me a nice prosthetic nail before I stand as the matron of honor at Faith's wedding this weekend. Because how embarassing would that be for everyone to see that the matron of honor is missing a pinky toenail!?!?!?
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jenny, you are so right! Your dad has a great sense of humor. Please tell your parents hello from me.
I love that! Don't forget to paint the other nails! ;)
Very cool, another use for milk jugs. So sorry about your toe.
Oh my word, I love my Uncle Gary!
Post a Comment