Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Come, Lord Jesus, Come!

I’ve never felt the desire for Christ’s return this strongly. Come, Lord Jesus, Come! We are all lost and hurting; we need You to save us!

We have been grieving this week. My kids have lost a playmate. My friends, Kelly and Phil, have lost their precious 2yr-old daughter, Ella. Jack has lost his little sister. And so tragically, so suddenly. She drowned in a little bit of water that was draining from an ice chest in their yard. It doesn’t even seem possible! How can it be?? My heart is hurting for them so much. I’m full of sorrow and tears. Sweet Ella.

I went to their house yesterday. Just to let them know I loved them. Seeing her little shoes, her toothbrush, her hair bows and stuffed animals, was nearly overwhelming. She should be there. But she’s not.

I keep picturing the last time I saw her… a few weeks ago they came over to our house to play. I picture her tiny blonde ponytail on top of her head, bobbing up and down as she ran through the grass with a smile on her face. And then, in my mind, the surroundings change. Ella is still there, but with a bigger smile. Running through a field of beautiful and soft grass. And she’s happier than she’s ever been, because she’s running straight into the arms of her Savior. The One who loves her. The One who said, “Let the little children come to me.” He made her. He loves her. He holds her and delights in her. And she delights in Him. Yes, she’s happier than she’s ever been. She’s complete now.

But all of us who are still here on this earth are mourning. Ella’s family. Her friends. Even people who haven’t met her.

So I say again: Come, Lord Jesus, Come! Make things right. Restore Your creation to You. Wash away every tear. Replace our mourning and sorrow with gladness and fullness of joy in Your presence.

3 comments:

Tyne said...

Oh, Jenny. How devastating- I am so so sorry and I just give thanks that we have the hope of eternal life through Christ.

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

Jenny, I have been praying for their family. She was in my BSF group. I never met her, because she started the week that I had Avery. I can't even comprehend such a loss. Please let me know if there is anything that I could do to help.

anna said...

What a reminder that only God knows the set times for us...how his heart must ache over this family. I'll pray that they don't feel abandoned by God.