Sunday, June 5, 2011

Truman is THREE!!!

Around our house, choosing what kind of birthday cake you want is a big deal! The kids start planning the cake a couple months before their birthday arrives. Now that Truman is a bit older, he followed these footsteps of Evelyn and John. But he oscillated between Mater and a Brontosaurus (remember—“my yongneck!”) until 2 weeks before. I’m glad he landed on the  longneck!

_MG_0725

_MG_0735

 

Excitement! Love! Hugs! Truman tells Noni and Buddy thank you for his birthday presents. He’s an affectionate boy!

_MG_0805_MG_0809

 

I love watching kids blow out their birthday candles! For some reason, this little series of pictures is really fun to me. The effect is a lot better as I rapidly “flip” through pictures on my computer, because it looks like slow-motion action. But you get the idea!

_MG_0749_MG_0750_MG_0751_MG_0752

 

Here’s a happy boy, with a tummy full of cake!

_MG_0777

Happy 3rd Birthday, Truman! You are such a fun boy! I love your big smile, your big laugh, and your big hugs. You say such funny things, and your creative imagination is spectacular! You are very physical—which is great (when you’re loving on someone!) and painful (when you’re mad at someone!). I’m so glad you let your thoughts and emotions show. And I love that you are quick to repent when you’ve done wrong. Truman, you are such a special part of our family!!!

No comments: