There were lots of great dessert ideas from those of you that commented last week! I want to make everything that was mentioned!! There were more things involving chocolate than anything else… so I made chocolate cupcakes.
{Robin, the cupcakes you mentioned made me go buy the latest issue of Cooks Illustrated. I’ve really got to get a subscription to that! Y’all got us hooked on them with the cookbook you gave us for our wedding!}
Brad said the cupcakes were a hit. At least he came home empty-handed, which is always a good thing when I send baked goods.
One time when I was in college, I experimented with making an Orange Cake. The recipe sounded good. But the results were far from that, in my opinion. My friends didn’t much care for it, either. So I took it to the park, to feed the ducks. Ducks like bread, and they eat gross things like bugs, so I figured they would gobble this cake up. They all flocked to me when they saw I had food for them. But with one taste of the cake, they turned tail and left it for the ants. I’m pretty sure that when I came back the next day, the ants had rejected it, too, and just left it to the forces of nature.
Since I’m deeply wounded from that incident, I really like it when people eat all of my baked goods. It’s like a healing salve. Or something.
So anyway, here’s a picture of the cupcakes:
6 comments:
I can understand that feeling. I recently made lemon honey cupcakes. Yum, right? Nope. They were pretty bad and two sets of parties rejected them including non-picky kiddos! I ended up throwing them out! Had I tried my luck with the ants, I imagine they would have rejected them too.
Ha Ha! I laughed so hard at that story. Ducks are dumb. I would've eaten your cake! The chocolate cupcakes look delicious.
We've cooked most of that issue at our house! :) if we only had one magazine subscription, that would be it. Glad your cupcakes turned out well!
making me hungry.
as to your question...no, i didn't make the hair accessories. They're actually real roses. With lots to choose from in our yard, the girls are always picking them and wanting me to fasten them in their hair.
you are too funny, jenny! believe me, i feel that way in my kitchen more than i would like to admit. it's a learning process, i keep telling myself, and i can't get better without a few failures along the way. anyway, the cupcakes look delicious! i loved watching the video of evelyn's baptism too! how precious and wonderful! hope all is well, my friend!
Post a Comment